Our franconian restaurant
Our hotel and restaurant “Gasthof Zum Storch” is well known for its good quality of meals and drinks, descent prices and reliability and kindness of the service-staff also outside of Franconia.
In our à la carte restaurant with about 60 seats we serve different Franconian meals – such as traditional roast pork with potato dumplings or honey glazed roast dug with chocolate red cabbage, a modern interpretation of Franconian cooking.
Our guests receive local specialties such as Aischgründer carp or Steigerwälder aspargus in different variations according to the season. Our restaurant offers a pleasant atmosphere for your Sunday trip, your family celebration, your holiday stay or just a cozy meal.
The hostess’ attachment to Switzerland is reflected by the so called “Basler Stube” with its plain elegance. This room equipped with 26 seats is perfectly adapted for little celebrations, business meals or meetings. There is a big dining room with modern equipment and excellent comfort (up to 140 seats) which can also be booked for workshops or celebrations of any kind.
Our restaurant offers all year round, additional to our menu, unique “culinary events.
April – June
- Asparagus „red and white“
- Asparagus with filets of salmon and pike perch with hollandaise sauce and new potatoes
June / July
Steaks & salad
You have free choice. Whether you like rip-eye-steak, beef tender loin, rump steak, lamb rips, ostrich meat or grilled king paws, you have free choice by its weight and of course you can choose which side dishes, vegetables, salads or sauces you would like to
September / October
- hunters plate (for 2 persons)
- Venison medallions
- roast Venison, roast wild boar
- Venison ragout,
- peaches filled with cranberries, mushroom sauce
- red cabbage noodles
- potato dumplings and croquettespotatoes
- Matie variations
- Three different filets of herring with different sauces and risolé-potatoes
July / August
Chanterelles with medallions of pork and egg spaetzle.
- „Schäufele“ Oven-cooked shoulder of pork with Sauerkraut and potato dumplings
June – September
Summer-special for bikers and cyclists
- apple spritzer or shandy 0,4l
- Franconian roast pork with dumplings
- pork escalope with fries
- Italian salad
- cup of coffee
at a special price of 12,00 €
Culinary journey through Switzerland
- Zurich sliced veal
- Creamed sliced veal and mushroom sauce with fried grated potatos
October – April
Carp & Trout
Carp “blue“ with hot fluent butter, creamed horseradish and boiled potatoesto dumplings